Teeth grinding in babies is caused by the continuous contraction of the masticatory muscles controlled by the trigeminal nerve. Therefore, anything that affects the trigeminal nerve and the muscles of mastication can lead to deep molar sleep. Teeth grinding is an occlusal disorder that disrupts the coordination of the masticatory organs. The human body removes the occlusal barrier by increasing the grinding motion of the teeth, resulting in involuntary grinding of the teeth. So, what should children pay attention to when grinding their teeth?
Try to relax your baby before bed, especially before bed. Let the baby relax and adjust their state of mind. Do some gymnastics, take a hot bath, listen to soft music, etc. Avoid irritating foods and improve your sleep environment. Try to avoid caffeine and other beverages or foods, such as coffee, chocolate, cola, etc., and eat more foods rich in vitamins. Maintaining proper posture and hunching over can also cause teeth to grind.
For night grinding, prevention and treatment can be based on the cause.
- If there are roundworms or pinworms, they should be removed in time.
- The diet should be adjusted reasonably, the coarse and fine grains, meat, and vegetables are matched to prevent children from malnutrition, and at the same time, they should also educate children not to be partial, not picky, and not to eat too full for dinner, so as not to cause gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Children with rickets should be treated with vitamin D and calcium and given adequate sunbathing.
- Parents should create a comfortable, harmonious, and happy family environment for their children, eliminate various adverse psychological factors, and cooperate with psychological treatment.
- Try to keep the baby as quiet as possible before going to bed to reduce or eliminate the excitability of the nervous system and prevent the occurrence of nighttime grinding.
To sum up, when the baby grinds his teeth, pay attention to letting the baby relax before going to bed, adjust the state of mind, take a hot bath before going to bed, listen to music, etc. Give your baby a comfortable sleeping environment, a harmonious and happy family environment, eat more nutritious food, avoid irritating food, and maintain correct posture. Try to keep the baby as quiet as possible before going to bed to reduce or eliminate the excitability of the nervous system and prevent the occurrence of nocturnal teeth grinding.