Mouthwash is a must-have item for many young people. In terms of dental health, the protection of toothpaste alone is not enough, so many people use it together with mouthwash. What is the principle of mouthwash? What precautions should be taken when using it? Let’s learn together.
What is the principle of mouthwash to clean the mouth?
1. Mechanical scour
Mouthwashes wash the mouth very quickly, removing the “soil” that bacteria need to grow – a very important mechanism of action when using mouthwashes.
2. Antibacterial and bacteriostatic
In addition to washing away food residues, mouthwash itself contains certain antibacterial ingredients, which can be retained in the mouth after use to produce a sustained antibacterial effect.
3. Improve bad breath
Bad breath causes troubles in social activities that everyone may have encountered. Mouthwash can also improve bad breath to a certain extent. On the one hand, its taste can be masked, and on the other hand, it also reduces the bacteria in the mouth that decompose food to produce odor. Therefore, mouthwash is a very convenient means of maintaining good oral hygiene.
Precautions for using mouthwash
1. Mouthwash is not a substitute for brushing your teeth, it can only be used as an adjunct to oral care.
2. Mouthwash is not a substitute for brushing your teeth. Mouthwash can only be used as an adjunct to oral care.
3. Therapeutic mouthwash should be used with caution in preschool children, pregnant or breastfeeding women.
4. Therapeutic mouthwash must be used under the guidance of a doctor, and health care mouthwash should also be consulted with a doctor before use.
5. Mouthwash containing antibacterial ingredients should not be used for a long time, otherwise, it will easily lead to the imbalance of oral flora, resulting in changes in the oral ecological environment, thereby causing oral mucosal diseases.
6. Those who are allergic to the ingredients contained in the mouthwash should not use it.